Rothersthorpe CE Primary School
An 'Excellent Graded' Church School - Inspection 2019
Primary School of the Year 2019 & Primary Pupil of the Year 2019 at the Northamptonshire Education Awards
Rothersthorpe Academy Conversion
We are a small village primary school with approximately 90 children who live in the village or nearby Pineham, Hunsbury Meadows, West Hunsbury and other local areas. We are a happy, friendly and caring school that prides itself on being at the heart of our local community. Our school hall is also the village hall, offering an environment unique to our local community. We fully embrace our school family, village and church; a place where a range of people and groups gather in the pleasure of learning and growing together.
Everyone is valued as an individual and helped to develop and progress in their own unique way within a Christian environment. The curriculum we offer is not merely academic, but embraces the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils. The development of good social, interpersonal skills and enthusiastic, but also thoughtful and caring attitudes in all our pupils is central in preparing our children for life in Britain and a global society.
'Everyone is valued as an individual'
'Love your neighbour, as yourself" - Mark 12:31
Our School Curriculum Vision:
There are three 'golden threads' ' that are interwoven throughout our curriculum. These are: to value everyone as an individual; to reach their full potential; to contribute positively to our diverse world.
- To value everyone as an individual: Have high respect and self-esteem for themselves and others. (Be friendly; Be appreciative; Be healthy).
- To reach their full potential: To read well and use a high level vocabulary across all subjects. (Reading is the key to success). To produce excellent outcomes in all subjects according to individual abilities. (Be reflective; Be resilient; Be ambitious).
- To contribute positively to our diverse world: Make rewarding contributions to all peoples, places and environments. (Be helpful; Be caring; Be inclusive).
Comments from our recent March 2018 Ofsted Report:
- "The Headteacher, Staff and Governing Body have created a culture where both parents and pupils feel that everyone is valued as an individual".
- "The strong ties with the Community support the caring environment beyond the school gates".
- "Pupils achieve well across the school in reading, writing and mathematics".
- "Pupils value their teachers; they like the humour their teachers display, but know that there are clear boundaries and high expectations of both their attitudes to learning and behaviour".
- "Pupils are polite and well-mannered......They listen attentively in class and learning behaviours are consistently positive".
- "All staff are highly vigilant of pupil's welfare".
- "Pupils are given a range of opportunities to explore learning in subjects across the curriculum and are challenged to use higher-order thinking skills".
We work hard to create worthwhile partnerships with all our parents as we recognise the importance of working together in unison if we are to maximise on each child’s potential. To this end we make lots of opportunities for parents to share and contribute to their child’s education whilst they are at our school
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed.
Mrs. Nicola Fountain